We really cannot give Moms enough credit, gratitude, and thanks for all they do and all they continue to guide us in. After the whirlwind that was 2020, the world is slowly, slowly, starting to open back up. Personally, this Mother’s Day should be one to remember. During the past year, things have been scary and full of uncertainty. Not only have parents had to juggle home, work, and everything else that they do on any typical day, throw in a Pandemic and things became overwhelming for most.
Since we can go out to places a little bit more (comfort level taken into account), Moms should be CELEBRATED more than ever this year. Here’s 5 last-minute ideas to help you plan a special day for those fabulous ladies in your life:
- Pack a picnic basket and include a deck of cards or board game. Enjoy a break outdoors at a park, in the backyard, or on the living room floor. Alternatively, take her out for breakfast, lunch, or dinner at her favorite local spot. Remember to spring for her favorite dessert!
- Select a nice bottle of antioxidant-rich red wine. Pro Tip: avoid red wine teeth stains by brushing before popping the cork AND eat cheese. Aged gouda or cheddar are safe choices for most reds.
- Pick up her most favorite bouquet of flowers. Is she not into flowers? A special plant for her garden or a small succulent (read: very low maintenance) are also perfect.
- Find that perfect card that expresses exactly what your Mother means to you OR make your own! Kids of all ages are never too old to make a homemade card for their mom.
- Create a personalized gift basket just for her! Candles, candy, pajamas, sandals, frame with a picture of you two, portable water flosser, dvd, even gift cards. The beautiful thing about gift baskets, is you get to choose the perfect items that remind you of her. Themed or random, she’ll appreciate that each item was thoughtfully selected by you.
Let us know how it goes, and of course, Happy Mother’s Day to all the Moms out there (and the dads doing double duty). You are doing GREAT!
Adamsville Family Dentistry
518 East Main
Adamsville, TN 38310
Phone: (731) 632-3371